If you’re a regular reader of The Type A Housewife, you know how much I love handmade items. Although I am a fan of everything handmade, I have a special place in my heart for handmade bath products. Rather than going to the supermarket and purchasing a bar of soap that’s full of chemicals, preservatives and artificial fragrance to make it smell like lemon or lavender, isn’t it so much better to get handcrafted soap that’s made with actual lemon or actual lavender? Wouldn’t your rather put your hard earned money in the pocket of an artisan soapmaker instead of a giant corporation with a CEO that probably makes a gazillion dollars a year? I hope the answer to both of these questions is a resounding “YES!”
When Bale & Twine contacted me to do a review, I looked at their website and immediately knew that their products would not disappoint. Bale & Twine is all about spreading the handmade love–whether it’s Baregoods handcrafted jewelry, Baresuds handcut soaps, handpoured soy candles (are you sensing a theme here?), or artwork, Bale & Twine has a wide range of goods sure to please any connoisseur of all things handmade.
For the purposes of this review, I was given the opportunity to try Evelyn’s Cocomint, Coconut Orange with Shea Butter, Lemon Bar with Shea Butter, and Spiced Ginger Pear with Shea Butter Baresuds soaps. I was also sent a tube of Pink Spearmint Joy lip balm. Hello, handmade loveliness!
It’s hard to choose a favorite soap–it’s like choosing a favorite child, you know? They all have something you love about them. But just like children, there’s always one that you love a little bit more. (In my family, that was me. Of course!) For me, the clear favorite was the Spiced Ginger Pear. It smells of fall and comfort and vanilla. My husband, never one to be terribly impressed by bath products, loved the way this one smells too and I fear I may have to share it with him.
The other Baresuds soaps that I tried were fabulous as well. Evelyn’s Cocomint has the rich smell of real cocoa and feels just as decadent on the skin. Evelyn, in case you were wondering, is the name of the goat whose milk is used in these soaps. Thanks, Evelyn! Two of my favorite scents are coconut and orange, so clearly Coconut Orange with Shea Butter is a winner in my book. The Lemon Bar smells like happiness–yes, things can smell like emotions, it’s true! This bar is perfect for hanging out sinkside–the shea butter is just fantastic for dry hands and the lemon scent is one that everyone loves. Being a lip balm addict (Google it–it’s a thing), I naturally appreciated the Pink Spearmint Joy lip balm. I liked the unique shape of the tube and the spearmint flavor reminded me of my favorite gum. It came packaged in a cute little bag, ready for gifting!
And this is another reason why I love handmade bath and beauty products: they make great gifts. If you gave someone a bar of Dial for their birthday, they may think you’re sending them a rather unkind message. But who wouldn’t be thrilled to receive a gift basket full of delights like Citrus Souffle and Hot Geranium soap? Bale & Twine is a great website for gifts that say, “I bought you something special and unique because you are special and unique!”
Speaking of gifts, with Father’s Day right around the corner, why not try something different and decidedly upscale for your dad this year? Lately bath and grooming products for men have become all the rage, so instead of gifting your father with another boring tie, how about a Baresuds soap duo from Bale & Twine with scents like Evelyn’s Peppermint Lift and Green Machine? If this sounds like a good idea to you, you’re in luck, because the fine folks at Bale & Twine are giving away this exact Baresuds soap duo to one Type A Housewife reader. Give it to dad or keep it for yourself–your choice!
You can buy Baresuds soaps and other Bale & Twine products on baleandtwine.com.
Bale & Twine has generously offered to give one Type A Housewife reader a Baresuds soap duo that includes bars of Green Machine and Evelyn’s Peppermint Lift. Awesome, right? Follow the instructions below for your chance to win.
Enter a separate comment for each method of entry. Do the mandatory entry first–if your email address isn’t in your Blogger profile, include it in this comment. Please know that I will delete comments that don’t answer the mandatory entry question. Comments like “this is great,” “enter me,” etc. will be deleted, as will daily and hourly tweets.
Mandatory Entry: Go to the Bale & Twine website and tell me another item you’d love to try!
- “Like” Bale & Twine on Facebook. +1
- Follow Bale & Twine on Twitter. +1
- Follow me on Google Friend Connect (see sidebar). +1
- Follow me on Twitter (@ohkeeka). +1
- “Like” The Type A Housewife on Facebook. +1
- Subscribe to my blog via reader or email (see sidebar). You can do both of these, but you only get one entry. +1
- Tweet about this giveaway ONCE (not daily, not hourly) +1: RT @ohkeeka #Win a handmade Baresuds soap duo from Bale & Twine on The Type A Housewife http://bit.ly/jJxnNy #giveaway
Things You Should Know:
- One winner will receive a Baresuds soap duo from Bale & Twine.
- Entry open to anyone 18 years of age and over.
- Open to those in the US only.
- Giveaway ends on Tuesday, May 31 at 9pm CST.
- Winner will be chosen via random.org
- Because I know emails can get lost in the ether, I will email the winner twice. If I don’t hear from you within 24 hours of the first email, I’ll try again. If, after 48 hours, I still haven’t heard from you, another winner will be chosen.
- Winner will be announced in a separate post on my blog.
- I will check to make sure the winner did not cheat by entering under multiple accounts/email addresses. So really, don’t even try it. Cheating is not a good look.
- Disclosure: I received a sample from Bale & Twine to facilitate this review, but all opinions are my own–I only review products on my blog that I truly love and recommend to my readers. No monetary compensation has been received.
Thank you to Bale & Twine for sponsoring this giveaway!